What To Do For Swollen Feet? Many women suffer from swelling in their legs and feet. This swelling can occur especially after spending a long time standing or sitting.
If you have foot swelling, you are in the right place if you need an immediate and effective solution. If you do exactly these substances that we will give, your swelling will pass quickly.
1. Lift your feet
We may not realize it, but we spend most of the day throwing ourselves on our legs and sitting down. Then we wonder why our legs hurt or why our feet swell. However, there is a simple way that will help improve our circulation.
First of all, lifting your feet helps with natural blood flow, as there is no need for your veins to work against gravity. As a result, a lump no longer forms on the legs and feet. It will also contribute to relieving tension in your legs and feet and relieving some of your pain.
When lifting your feet, follow these steps:
1. Take off your shoes.
2. Lie down on a sofa, bed or floor: make sure there is enough space to stretch your legs. If you are lying on the floor, you can lift your legs at a 90° angle to the wall. For the bed or sofa, use several pillows to keep your feet high above the level of the heart.
3. Raise your feet for about 20 minutes and repeat when you take a short break during the day. If you are comfortable enough, you can even take a nap.
If you have not had an injury to your feet and/or ankles, and you are having swelling, make sure you check in with your doctor because it could be a symptom of a more serious issue.
Ankle pumps, calf stretches, and straight leg raises (SLR) are great ways to help reduce swelling in your feet and ankles. Working the calf, quads, and hip flexors work as natural pumps to move the fluid out of your legs.
Also, propping your leg up above your heart and just relaxing can help reduce the swelling as well.
Some seated exercises like seated hip flexion, seated long arc quads (LAQ), and heel and toe raises are great to do if you have to work at a desk all day. You can also do the heel raises standing for a tougher exercise.
2. Take a restorative bath with Epsom salt
At the end of the day, there is nothing better than taking a long and relaxing bath. But if you want to move on to the next stage: add a little epsom salt. Epsom salt contains a chemical compound called Magnesium sulfate.
When we get into the bathtub, magnesium can be absorbed through the skin, and thus we raise our magnesium levels.
3. Drink tea or juice
1. For black or green tea: This popular drink does much more than keep you warm on cold autumn mornings.yesilmaz It contains antioxidants that can help improve your blood flow. So drink a cup of tea in the morning before going for a run. Your body will definitely be grateful!
2. Beetroot juice: The combination of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in this drink makes it the right drink to start the day with. Drinking regularly can help reduce your blood pressure and therefore the side effects associated with this condition.
3. Pomegranate juice: rich in antioxidants, this fruit increases blood flow. It also contains a lot of vitamin C, which helps our circulatory system by strengthening blood vessels.
4. Brush Your Legs
Among the many benefits of this technique are dec blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. When we apply this technique correctly, it speeds up the pumping of blood, which helps the lymph to pass through the body, removing toxins and pathogens.
Steps to scrub your legs effectively:
1. Take a brush with hard, natural bristles.
2. It is better to do it right before the bath, and it is more convenient, since you will have to take off your clothes.
3. Start at the ankle and slowly go up in a circular motion.
4. Brush each leg dry, up to the upper thighs. It should be taken about five minutes per leg.
5. Pay attention to the amount of pressure you apply. It should be hard, but not so much that it hurts.
6. When you’re done, you can take a shower and then apply some lotion or body oil.
5. Wear Tight Socks
Varicose socks put pressure on your legs and ankles. This allows your blood vessels to better push blood into your body and heart. As a result, they help reduce swelling on your feet and legs and give you a feeling of relief after a long day on your feet. Before choosing the best one for you, be sure to consult a doctor.
6. Get a massage
Take some time to pamper yourself with a massage on your busy day. You can do it yourself or have it done by a massage specialist.
For a more effective massage, follow these steps:
1. Work with upward movements.
2. Put your fingers on your ankles.
3. Apply pressure with your fingers while gently moving your hands up.
4. Take your hands back to your ankles and repeat the same movement about 10 times per leg.
7. Add These Superfoods to Your Diet
Other superfoods that you can add to your diet to boost your circulation include:
1. Green Leafy Vegetables Yesil
8. Buy A Good Shoe
One of the causes of swelling on your feet, and therefore on your legs, may also be the wrong choice of shoes. No matter how fashionable they are, high-heeled or pointed-toe shoes do not do your body any favors. In october, you should pay attention to the size. Poorly fitting shoes can lead to a number of problems. But do not worry, this does not mean that you need to get rid of fashionable new stilettos.
Make sure you don’t wear them for too long and try to use other alternatives such as high heels or sneakers that provide better support and balance.