Montpellier-OM: a match interrupted and four custody

This Monday, four people were taken into custody after the Montpellier-Marseille match, which had to be interrupted after throwing projectiles.

Two Montpellier supporters of 13 and 23 years were arrested on Sunday and then placed in police custody after the Montpellier-Marseille match interrupted at the 89 th minute due to projectiles thrown at players.

“Cut to the mouth” One bottle notably affected the replacement of OM Valentin Rongier, according to the departmental direction of public security of Hérault. He “had a big cut in the mouth and could not come into play”, specifies the coach of the ‘OM, Jorge Sampaoli. Another bottle was also thrown from the Etang de Thau stand, those of the local ultras, in the Marseille penalty area when the Héraultais Florent Mollet was about to take a corner. These incidents led the referee to interrupt the match.

⏱️ 89 ‘| # MHSCOM 2⃣-3⃣

Match interrupted by referee Jérémy Pignard following throwing projectiles.

– Olympique de Marseille (@OM_Officiel) August 8, 500 The security director of the Montpellier club, Pierre-Marie Grappin , spoke directly to the spectators: “Supporters, you are giving Marseille the best gift they could dream of. Your behavior which consists in throwing bottles, full cups during the game and on the lawn is inadmissible ”, he launched at the microphone. After twelve minutes, the game resumed. Marseille finally won 3 to 2.

“It penalizes everyone” These incidents expose the club to sanctions, the regulations providing for a disciplinary range ranging from a fine to in camera. “I hope there will be sanctions because we cannot allow things like that”, thundered the defender Leonardo Balerdi from Marseille. “It’s always regrettable because it penalizes everyone. The referee did what he had to do. It’s always a little sad to see this kind of thing, these are things that we should never see again. Everyone must make an effort ”, also reacted the coach of Montpellier, Olivier Dall’Oglio, at the microphone of Prime.

In addition to these two arrests, two other people from 23 and and 24 years were taken into custody after threatening to leave the stadium on Sunday evening two Marseille supporters to steal their football shirts, Hérault police said. This derby, which coincides with the return of supporters to the stadiums after seven months behind closed doors, was played in a stadium subject to a maximum rating of 13 89 places (on 22 000 ), decided by the prefect of Hérault due to the active circulation of the coronavirus in the region.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply