Hamraoui case: Abidal was heard on Tuesday

Eric Abidal, former defender of the France team, was heard as a witness on Tuesday by investigators in the case of the assault on PSG player Kheira Hamraoui , last November 4.

Eric Abidal , former defender of the France team, was heard Tuesday by investigators as a witness in the case of the attack on player Kheira Hamraoui, a source close to the case told AFP on Wednesday, confirming information from L’Equipe. His wife, Hayet Abidal, was also interviewed Monday by the judicial police of Versailles, said this source. The next day, the young woman declared on her Instagram account that she was “relieved” and “happy” to have been heard “as a simple witness” in this investigation.

November 4 last in the evening, the Paris-Saint-Germain player Kheira Hamraoui had been the victim of a violent ambush in the Yvelines. She had been severely beaten to the legs with an iron bar by masked strangers on her way home from a team dinner.

A judicial investigation was opened on 15 November against X for “criminal association with a view to preparing a crime punishable by at least five years” and “violence aggravated by three circumstances, followed by incapacity not exceeding eight days “.

A chip with Abidal’s name in Hamraoui’s cellphone

Eric Abidal’s name appeared in the proceedings after investigators established a material link with the victim, who was using a chip in the footballer’s name on his cell phone. Player Kheira Hamraoui had played for FC Barcelona at a time when Eric Abidal was sporting director of the Catalan club. These revelations had caused a stir: the wife of the former French international then announced that she was going to file a divorce petition and assured that Eric Abidal had confessed to her having had a relationship with Kheira Hamraoui.

Kheira Hamraoui’s teammate, Aminata Diallo, driving the car during the attack, had spent nearly two days in police custody, the 10 and 11 November, before being released without a charge against her. The affair having caused a lot of turmoil, the two midfielders of Paris SG did not resume collective training until the beginning of December.