Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
👋 Good morning! Hope you enjoyed the solstice yesterday, depending on your hemisphere and point of view on things. The long days here in the north continue for awhile yet!
Samsung’s MWC event
Mobile World Congress (MWC) starts next Monday, and leaving aside the in-person vs virtual debacle around the event, and company drop-outs, we’re just starting to see some of the players step up.
- It won’t be the must-see MWC of the past, but there’s some hope.
Those hopes start with Samsung, which announced a virtual event for Monday, June 28:
- The announcement post says Samsung will “be unveiling its vision for the future of smartwatches at the event with new opportunities for both developers and users designed to deliver a new era of smartwatch experiences.”
- New smartwatches make sense here, with expectations of a Galaxy Watch 4 smartwatch launch.
- There’s also expected to be more detail about the Google-Samsung partnership with WearOS.
- Samsung will also talk about, well, less interesting areas, such as the “latest security enhancements and innovations.”
Galaxy Watch 4 expectations:
- It looks like the Galaxy Watch 4, expected to be available in at least two sizes, passed FCC certification in the past week or two.
- The rumors point to a circular design and rotating bezel watch again, though we haven’t seen render leaks or really detailed specs either.
- The health elements are expected to be a pulse oximeter, heart rate sensor, blood pressure monitoring, and ECG, as in previous devices, but the potential for additional health-monitoring tech is intriguing.
- We heard early rumors of blood glucose monitoring in January,