When are you able to get the COVID-19 vaccine? Check the place you might be in line
1 NorCal county strikes into much less restrictive tier
Gov. Gavin Newsom to suggest new California finances
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) — Ten months into the coronavirus pandemic, new COVID-19 circumstances within the Bay Area are rising at an alarming clip.
Before your eyes glaze over, take into account these numbers that put the winter surge into perspective.
ABC7 News‘ knowledge journalism staff first began monitoring native case numbers on March 12, the day earlier than the primary stay-at-home orders have been issued. It took six months and 9 days for the Bay Area to achieve 100,000 circumstances on Sep. 21.
It took one other two months and 24 days for our circumstances numbers to double and attain 200,000 circumstances on Dec. 15.
On Friday, the Bay Area crossed the 300,000-case threshold. We added these further 100,000 circumstances shockingly quick — in simply 24 days.
The charge of latest circumstances exhibits simply how unhealthy this newest surge is for the Bay Area. Perhaps much more regarding is the area’s remaining ICU capability, simply 3.5% as of Thursday.
Feel free to share this story with that member of the family of yours who’s over the pandemic. They could also be over it, but it surely’s removed from over.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can’t reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid ‘twindemic’
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here’s which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here’s how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor’s Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
Copyright © 2021 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.